We always have two trees. One is the kid tree, which I completely turn over to the kids. They get to decorate the whole thing and it is the tree of all our most precious treasures - the ornaments we've received from family, friends, and most importantly, the ornaments the boys have made. It is the tree Santa puts the presents under.
The other tree is really my tree. We put all the gifts for other family and friends under that tree, with coordinating wrapping paper, of course. I LOVE to decorate Christmas trees. For the last few years, I was invited to decorate one or more in the Celebration of Trees and my passion grew from there. It all started when I first saw the trees my Mother-in-law had in her store, and the ones her ladies decorated in the Celebration of Trees. I was converted to artificial trees forever!



























4 comments:
We just decorated for Christmas, too. While I'm not too keen on the decorating, I like the house decorated. Aiden likes it the most, though, I sometimes catch him laying on the floor staring at the tree and he is the first one to turn the tree lights on each morning. P.S. I see you are an Ikea fan, like me!
Cute. I need to do 2 trees. I went to Tai Pan and got a bunch of awesome decorations and they just don't mix with the kids decortations. Where is the picture of your tree? You have to share!!!
I love the idea of having your very own tree, Karynn. We finally put ours up yesterday but still need to decorate it and the house. Just no time between family, school, and church responsibilities, it seems.
I like the idea of two trees, and actually I think the boys did a great job on their tree... Verna and I didn't realize that it was decorated by them. Thanks for the pictures to prove it!
Post a Comment