It has been years since I have planted my butt in front of the TV to watch more than the occasional half hour show. And that happened maybe once every couple of weeks. Excluding bedtime...Conan is always on when I'm in bed. But being in bed all day, I have been turning it on more often. I have to say that I like it better when it's off. I can totally see why people remove all the TVs from their homes.
I want to acknowledge that there is a difference between growing and ever seeking. Of course there are good things we can seek after, and I feel I am surrounded by friends and family who are doing just that. But our culture is so engrained with the getting, we forget how to give. I know that personal growth and "finding oneself" will not come from getting the things we think will make us happy. Personal growth comes from great trial, and the lessons that follow. You will never find yourself if you don't find others. We (me included) need to completely move our focus from looking for more to looking at how much we have and how we can use it to benefit someone else, if even for a moment. We all have so much to offer. Each of us excels at something. Let's be growers and not seekers. No Twilight puns intended.













3 comments:
I totally agree! Just today I was thinking how awesome it is to be surrounded by so many different people with so many different talents. Everyone has something special to offer.
This is a great post! I believe in always bettering yourself, but not at the expense of someone else.
This is a good reminder.
Awesome karynn! You are so deep and right on the money. I love the phrase you said that there is a difference between growing and ever seeking. I'm writing that one down in my deep thoughts for dori journal.
Post a Comment