ouch!
I weaned Kierstyn. I can't remember if I mentioned that before and I'm too lazy to go searching.
Anyway, it's done. Over. Kaput.
And I am in pain.
Yes, yes. The emotional pain is one thing. It is a close second to tragic. I can no longer breastfeed. Not ever again. I got shortchanged on that one, but I am infinitely grateful for the full six months of sweet, amazing and beautiful bonding time I had with my precious baby girl.
But I'm not talking about my personal issues. I'm talking all out, physical, tingling, burning, aching, feeling like they're going to burst PAIN.
There. I said it. Call me what you want.
FTR, I was told I could wean off of the Coumadin (blood thinner prescription for my blood clot) after 6 mos. I was also told that it was more beneficial to the baby to nurse her than to formula feed her, even with all the meds. I believed them.
Until...
I barely tapped her knee to the doorknob as I tried to open the hellaciously heavy door at my OB's office.
And later that day, there was a large, unsightly bruise.
Then I was told that I would not only be unable to wean off Coumadin, but I have to be on it for
the
rest
of
my
life.
That was enough. I weaned her within a few weeks. We did it in three days.
the
rest
of
my
life.
That was enough. I weaned her within a few weeks. We did it in three days.
My mom did it in three days with me. My mom told me I could do it. I believed her. And we did it.
Did I mention how INCONVENIENT bottles are? Hate em.
Isn't she wonderfully delicious? Hasn't missed a meal yet.














No comments:
Post a Comment