Monday, July 6, 2009

It's Independence Day!

Let Freedom Ring.  I grow more deeply grateful for our country and our freedoms by the day.  I am touched on Independence Day as I think of all those who currently sacrifice their own safety and freedom to ensure ours. I am indebted to those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to secure this blessed country and bring about the greatest freedom the world has seen. I pray the citizens of this nation will never take these freedoms for granted and more importantly, never allow these freedoms to be taken away.

We celebrated all day long, beginning with the Parade, which featured the Cedar National All Star teams of different ages.  



Then we went to the cabin in Panguitch Lake with J.R.'s family and I was lucky enough to have my grandparents there with us. 



We lit fireworks and watched the city fireworks from our house with the Carrizosas. It was a beautiful day. 


1 comment:

JeannieB said...

I love the red, white and blue on Kierstyn! She's a patriotic girl, like her Mom! And what better way to celebrate Independence Day than with family! Wish I could have been there...next year! Love, Gia