Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Hiccups and such

All three of the boys had strong hiccups in utero and it seems like I felt them as one of the first movements. I always thought it was so cute!  Kierstyn hardly ever got them for a while, but gets them every day now. And when she does they are these soft little petite hiccups - completely opposite of the earth-shaking version the boys had.  

The other night, Daelan had the hiccups and he was sitting right next to me, leaning on my shoulder.  It was making me laugh, but got even funnier when Kierstyn got a them at the same time.  It felt so funny to feel one kid hiccuping on the outside and one inside.  So cute! 


∆ LONG POST WARNING ∆
With only 7.5 weeks to go I am really trying to ignore the aches and pains of the third trimester and focus on all the amazing things I will never feel again like hiccups, kicking, rolling, etc.  Even my belly looks kinda cute and round to me lately, though it's the ONLY part of my body that's cute. (Sadly not the only part that's round!) :-D

It is hard to believe I'm almost there, but I am and it's so exciting!  She will gain the majority of her birth weight in these next few weeks and I am getting closer to losing all this awful, uncomfortable weight.  At the 30 week ultrasound they showed me that she already has a lot of hair! I wonder what color it will be! Before I know it I'll be un-pregnant forever and I hope I remember the magical feelings and emotions that come with it.  I love that we forget the bad and remember the good.  I want to remember enough that I don't get pregnant again :-) but I hope my memories are of all the blessings of pregnancy.  My discomforts are so small compared to the blessing of being able to get pregnant and deliver healthy babies.  I know I've complained a lot, but I have been humbled recently and I'm just so grateful to be where I am.  Our family is so blessed to be getting this highly anticipated and most wanted baby girl. Kiel is so excited he squeals about it and says, "I can't WAIT until she's here!"  

I had a Dr's appt today and confirmed my procedure - at 6 weeks post-partum I can get the new procedure they do that is the non-surgical alternative for tying your tubes.  So I won't even have to remember the bad parts of pregnancy!  And I also confirmed that although I want to go into labor on my own, if I change my mind I can get induced at 39 weeks.  YAY!  So far I have no medical reason to get induced this time, so I hope and pray I go on my own since I never have.  But I am NOT waiting 42 weeks!!! Thankfully I measure on time this week - I was measuring 3 weeks ahead.

April will be an exciting month - full of soccer games and baseball practices, a baseball tournament, Jespen's 5th birthday, Easter, General Conference, etc.  It's so hard for me to believe I just registered Jespen for Kindergarten!  

Kiel will be a 4th grader and Daelan will be in Junior High before I know it.  I honest to goodness am dreading Junior High.  I hope he does better with it than I anticipate because I have very low expectations. And to think my little bundle of smiles will be in 4th grade is really crazy.  He's still so small!  His sweet little voice and frame don't seem mature enough to be in 4th grade!  But his personality and intelligence are ready. As is Jespen - he is really ready for Kindergarten. I love these years and I'm so grateful to the Lord and to J.R that I am able to stay at home with my precious little ones.  These years are so short - I'll have the rest of my life to pursue my own hobbies, career, etc.  I'm truly so lucky to be able to be here with them as they grow, even if Daelan wants me to work at the office more often so he can be home alone like some of his friends.  He seems to think they get to do whatever they want.  I DO have them do chores and homework when they get home and sometimes they even have to play with Jespen.  I'm so mean.  Not going to happen, bud! I'm staying home as long as I have kids here!  :-D








1 comment:

Daisy Paige said...

"These years are so short - I'll have the rest of my life to pursue my own hobbies, career, etc."

Oh Karynn, I have tears in my eyes. You will know why if you read what I just posted. You're an incredible woman.