Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Day!

Oh, I feel her pain!

I am SO happy and grateful to say I passed the 3 hour glucose test.  It's much worse than the 1 hour - they give you a higher dose of the glucose drink, but it's a flat "lemon-lime" flavor and mine wasn't even cold.  And it took 4 hours, not three.

First, they take your blood after fasting for 12 hours.  Then you drink the drink and wait an hour when they take your blood a second time.  Then another hour and another draw, then a third hour and the fourth and final draw.  You can't leave the hospital and they make you sit as much as possible, so I sat in the waiting room.  I did remember to bring a book this time (last time I brought Jess and he was plenty of entertainment).

Lucky for me there were two other ladies doing the test, too.  One spoke Spanish, so I didn't attempt to talk to her (plus she was on the other side of the waiting room), but the other was a pre-school teacher in town and knows a lot of the same people I do so we talked almost the whole three hours.  Plus I saw about 3 or 4 other people I knew and talked to them. So it went by rather quickly - especially the last hour.  It flew by.

Anway, Happy Day!  I passed and have normal blood sugar.  I am going to be more careful about sugar, even so.  It would be so hard to have diabetes in any form, even if it's only for a couple more months.

On another note, I realized that as of Friday, I could deliver safely in 7 weeks!  That is so soon!  I doubt I will since I've never had so much as a single contraction on my own without Pitocin, but still...it is nice to know there are a minimum of 7 weeks, maximum of 9 left.  (I'm sure they'll induce me since I already measure 3 weeks ahead and was induced 5 days early with Kiel and 6 or 7 with Jess) 

I finally feel good, so I'm trying to enjoy all the miraculous, beautiful, good things about pregnancy as this will be the last one.  I write in my journal and have plenty of preggo pics.  I hope I can take it slow and enjoy her as a newborn, too - it goes by WAY too quickly.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, thanks for keeping us up to date. I really enjoy it.

Love,
DAD

Trinity said...

I hope you enjoy the newborn stage as well. I'm sure you will as long as she is a good baby and lets you sleep at least enough to be functional. Other than the sleep I'm sure it will be a wonderful time of bonding for both of you.

Booma/Voina said...

Great picture at the top of this post! TOO funny.

And, my goodness, the time is getting short, isn't it? I am so happy for you (and for us, of course).

I was going to make some other meaningful comments, but my brain just told me it's not going to help me. So... just know that I love you very much. You are such a dear, special person. You make me want to be a better person, and a better stepmom, and a better wife. It's true.