The bad news is that I've gained 51 pounds. AAAAAHHHHHH! 51 POUNDS! 4 of which were in the last 14 days. I didn't even know that was possible. And worse than that, I failed the first 1 hour glucose test, so now I have to take the 3 hour test. What does that mean? That based on my elevated sugar levels I may have gestational diabetes and only a longer test can confirm or refute that. I don't mind the drink - once, anyway. But during the 3 hour test, you have to drink it a couple times, I think. Ew. And they take your blood 4 times instead of one. My poor veins! I am so deeply depressed about this, but not surprised considering how much weight I've gained. The more you gain, the higher risk you are. I have never failed the one hour before, though, so I was totally not expecting this, but I guess Kierstyn wants to make sure I really remember this pregnancy!
With Daelan, I gained 40, Kiel, 50 and Jespen 60. I was really hoping not to follow the pattern and gain 70, but I still have 2.5 months left and at this rate, I may just be consistent. If I could only move my body! I try, I really do, but it is as close to impossible as you can get. I walked on the treadmill while J.R. did the elliptical next to me and I was downright embarrassed. My once limber and strong muscles can barely go 2 miles per hour. I push hard, though, and I'll continue to push. I take the stairs and park far away, but my butt still stays put for far too many hours. Strangely enough, I've craved fruit and exercised the most with this pregnancy, even if it's not much. But the last few weeks I have definitely taken in too much sugar, so that stopped today with the Gestational Diabetes scare. I went to the store and bought all the stuff I ate when I lost weight. Hmmmm....I'm thinking I should have done this weeks ago!













4 comments:
Wow. That IS scary. Glad you're staying on top of it.
In some ways, I can't believe we're only 2.5 months away from meeting Kierstyn; but mostly, I can't believe "we" have 2.5 more months more to wait!
Really, really happy you're feeling so much better, too.
That's what i'm scared of too! W/ Mitchell I gained about 35 pds and didn't really lose much after, so I started out bigger w/ Avery, but only gained about 18 pds (I don't know how that happened!)
After Avery though I gained more weight just being lazy so I now have dreams of weighing like 450 pds! I've decided I've got to be good about exercising and eating okay w/ this one. I'm doing the walking and swimming. I love swimming because it's so easy (and I go to a pool where no one i know will see me in my suit :)
I was getting worried about you cuzz you hadn't updated for a while, glad everything is o.k. I miss talking to you.
Keri
Don't beat yourself up. The weight will come off fast chasing four kids! Most of it is probably water. Just enjoy every little kick you feel and piece of chocolate:) Good luck getting the blood drawn 4 times, that's crazy. Hopefully the test comes out ok and everything is fine.
Post a Comment