Sunday, January 4, 2009

Special Christmas Gifts

There were a few very special Christmas gifts given this year.  We were lucky enough to have my mom here for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Friday.  It was such a special treat!  I'm just sorry I don't have any pictures!  I do have a video, but I promised I would only show it to my sibs. I will hold to my promise, but I will describe it a bit.  She's crying.  Out of joy?!?! :-)

My sis Kelly had a wonderful idea...to get our mom something really special from all of us kids this year.  So we all went in on a beautiful diamond ring with seven stones - one for each of the children she has borne. It was such a treat to watch her open it - I only wish all my sibs were here to see it.  

She gave me a very special gift, too.  A string of pink pearls that is hard to put into words, so I'll show you a picture.  I love it!!! I've worn it twice, though I have to be careful around my little Jespen.  He's a bit destructive.



Also, as you can see from the previous post, J.R. surprised our little family with a trip to Disneyland for New Year's.  He got two day Park Hopper tickets and two nights at a hotel across the street. I was SO excited!  It was so much fun, even though I spent a lot of time lounging around in Tomorrowland while the boys went on the non-pregnant friendly rides.  Jess and I had a blast on Buzz Lightyear (twice) and in A Bug's Land at California Adventure.  I kept my feet up as much as possible and did the best I could.  We were pretty worn out by Friday morning, though! Even J.R. was a walking zombie after a 12 hour day.




No comments: