Saturday, January 24, 2009

24 Weeks!!!

I am so excited to say that I am 24 weeks today!  I don't know why - it's not particularly significant, but I am just happy to be here.  Counting down is SO much more fun than counting up.  And 24's a good number, right?  And a good show.



A little pregnancy update, since you are all DYING to know.  :-D  The good, the bad and the ugly.

I have been taking the thyroid replacement for 11 days now.  I had one GREAT day and I thought it was nothing short of a miracle drug, but that didn't last long.  Jokes on me, I guess!  I don't feel weak anymore, which is really a relief.  I am still insanely tired, but not weak.  





The tachycardia has not diminished at all yet - my resting heart rate stays between 95 and 125 - and there's not really an explanation for it, but I don't over exert myself, or even exert myself for that matter, so hopefully it's not a problem.  No one ever really gave me an answer on that one.





My shortness of breath eased up, then came back.  Maybe it's the babe and her positioning?  Doc said it's most likely just pregnancy.  I don't know if I still buy that, but maybe.

My butt REALLY hurts from SITTING ON IT all the time! Of course, it could hurt so bad from all the extra weight, too.

I haven't gained any weight this week, which is a first.  This has been really hard on me this time.  I can't wait to go jogging...it's not going to elude me for long after baby gets here.




Doc never did call back and let me know if I could walk on the treadmill so I've stayed away since I'm scared of the tachycardia.  I've asked TWICE!  I think he will tell me it's OK, but I want to make sure. A big butt is better than complications. Sort of. :-D





Did I mention how big my butt is? 





She is still really active and that gives me so much joy and comfort, I can hardly describe it.  Kiel is the first and only one to feel her kick.  He's been putting his hand on my belly for a week, but finally felt her yesterday.  J.R. made me promise I wouldn't make him try. :-D





My skin is really soft and I don't have pregnancy acne, so that's a plus!  I think the softness is a direct result of how dry it is, though.  I bought some Burt's Bees and I lather that stuff on all day.  It is THE BEST!  I got it because my friend Steph uses it on her baby girl and it smells so good.  Plus they have a belly butter. 





I don't have any new stretchmarks and my existing marks have not turned red - HUGE milestone for me.  I guess maybe Jess stretched me about as far as I could go.

Despite my obscene weight gain, I had gained more with Jess by now, so maybe, just maybe I won't go as high.  BTW, it was 40 with Daelan, 50 with Kiel and 60 with Jess. I am hoping to stay way below the 60 mark and maybe even between 40 and 50.  We'll see. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's tough seeing how I have no control over my calorie expenditure. 

I eat really well - Jespen even told me today that he LOVES junk and I love all healthy things.  I thought that was quite an observation for a 4 year old.  I have craved all things healthy - it's true.  Especially apples.  It all started with you, April!  And those pictures of your apple picking adventure!  :-) 





Even though it gets a little uncomfortable having two basic options for sleep positions, I sleep pretty well lately.  Best $10 bucks I ever spent was at Wal-Mart this week on a body pillow. My hours can get a little off, but I sleep soundly, which is RARE for me.  I better enjoy it before she gets here and whacks it all out!





I am proud to say I resisted the early temptation to cut my hair, and if another wave of temptation hits, I am going to do all I can to resist again.  I always cut my hair when I'm pregnant, and I ALWAYS hate it.  I refuse to hate my hair.  There's enough hating going on already. 




All the resting allows me to plan, ponder, think and write more than ever. I will certainly have a great record of this pregnancy thanks to all my blogging and private journal entries.  She may come out blogging! 




The nursery is my passion, my obsession, and my outlet.  I am such a project gal - addicted, even, to changing and creating and progressing. I am blessed to be able to work on something that brings me joy and hope!  With the boys, I crocheted blankets for each of them. For this baby, I am going to make a pink ribbon-waisted tutu...I can't wait to see if it works out.







Well now, there's an update and a half for you.  If you read this whole thing, you deserve a piece of chocolate or something.  Or an apple, if you're like me.




5 comments:

BreAn said...

I guess I deserve an apple, or chocolate, or both! Mmmm...
Glad everything is going smoothly for you, and that even though your butt is HUGE, the strech marks aren't *wink*

Christine said...

Hey, hope you are doing well. I know it seems like a lifetime resting but when she is 8 months and won't hold still and is sucking on every cord she can find, you will wish for these moments when you could keep her safe! BTW a couple of years ago I had a strange virus that made my heart beat go up to 170. They thought it was a pulmonary embolism which of course it wasn't. Turned out to just be a weird virus that went away after 6 weeks. Scared us to death having my heart beat to fast. I did see a Cardiologist and everything was fine. Sounds exactly like what you have. Get rest and have fun thinking in pink!

Booma/Voina said...

Yes, I deserve an apple, too. Just like BreAn.

Great post, Karynn! I was picturing you finding all those photos to go with your blog text and imagining all the work you put into it. You are wonderfully creative. It shows on your blog as much as it does in your home.

That's really cool that Kiel got to feel her kick.

And thanks for the update on the thyroid replacement therapy. I was hoping (as I imagine you were) that that "one great day" was how it would be every day for you! I still haven't made an appointment to have mine checked. Now I wonder if I will.

Keep up the great work!

Trinity said...

congratulations! Now you'll make it for sure. Your on the down hill.

Stacy said...

ok, you are so funny! hang in there! I haven't even seen you pregnant and you live less than a mile from me!