Saturday, November 8, 2008

What's in there?


NOT ME...PERHAPS IN THE NEAR FUTURE, THOUGH. :-(


I hit 13 weeks today, which has actually gone by really fast considering I did my first 10 weeks twice in a row. (I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in July, then was pregnant again by August) I just want to know why I appear to be 6 or 7 months along?  This is beyond bloating. I have taken all things into consideration:

 It's my fifth pregnancy and women tend to show sooner with each one? Maybe my hormones didn't have a chance to go back to normal after the miscarriage and by body just kept relaxing (and expanding?) all those ligaments and muscles? I swallowed a basketball in my sleep?

I was really, really big with Jespen, too. When I was about 7 months, people would just shake their heads with sympathy when I told them I still had two months to go.  I was asked on many an occasion if I was SURE I wasn't having twins...or triplets!  My mom says she popped out, too...carried everything in front, but she's got nothing on me. 

Here's an example of the reactions I've already had:
My friend Jodi came over a couple days before she was going to deliver.  She's a cute, little, petite thing, but she's 9 months pregnant.  Right after she left, J.R. looked over at me and said, "You're as big as her!"  Yes, thank you honey.  I was actually thinking the same thing.  I stood up and he acknowledged I wasn't actually as big as her, but that was his initial reaction.  Jodi now has a 2 week old baby.
J.R. continues to be amazed and perplexed by my growing abdomen.  As am I.

I have no explanation, but it is driving me crazy.  If only I could get my belly to stay the same for a bit, maybe the coming weeks will catch up with my big pregnant belly.

No comments: