Saturday, November 8, 2008

Special Delivery!


No one can ever say that insomnia and infomercials aren't profitable. I am an interior decorator, and naturally creative, but I haven't ever had much interest or any experience in scrapbooking. And yet somehow, I just spent $400 on a Cricut Expression plus extras. I have to admit, it's scrapbooking capabilities are the least attractive feature in my eyes. My hands are itching to cut me some vinyl lettering, dabble in a little engraving and embossing and try out some fabric stenciling. I have a feeling there may be a little niche in the right side of my brain that's dying to get into the scrapbooking/card making possiblities, though.

So, for now, I'm scouring crafty blogs, watching and re-watching the demos on the infomercial website, downloading fonts (I found a third-party software that doesn't require all the Cricut cartridges - may or may not work) and waiting for my precious package to arrive. I'm a little worried that the delivery may take 4-6 weeks since my main purpose for purchasing this magical machine was to create and personalize this year's Christmas gifts. Does shipping and handling really take that long for anything anymore? I can only hope not.

I am even going to start a blog dedicated entirely to my Cricut creations.  If I have the time, which may only last 6 more months, I will post my projects as they are created and include instructions and pictures.  The most entertaining posts will surely be the first few, but I am promising myself I will post them, no matter how disastrous or embarrassing.  I think I will try the glass etching first. I hope the cartridges that come with it have something fun!

And if you go to the new blog, you can read this again...it's the only post for now. :-)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see what you create. Great idea to start the blog. Did you end up getting the third party software???

Unknown said...

I've watched that infomercial and even taken my 40% off coupon down to michaels to get that machine. Did I ever do it...No. I'm not a scrapbooker and exercised restraint minutes before. But yet I'm still drawn to that little machine. Can't wait for the blog to find out what I've been missing. Maybe you'll convince me.