Sunday, November 2, 2008

November Rain

I just cannot believe it is already November.  It has been unusually warm here for October...the 70s and 80s last week.  We always get a little winter teaser in Sep or Oct and it's usually pretty cold on Halloween night, but I heard it wasn't bad at all this year.  It did rain a lot last night, which is always welcome in these dry parts, and the air has been refreshingly cool today.  It is a clear indicator that Old Man Winter is around the corner, accompanied by his friends Hot Cocoa and Snow Storm. It makes me all cozy and warm just thinking about it since I am one to snuggle up inside rather than venture out into the cold.  Which reminds me of an episode of Jon & Kate plus 8...Jon says, "I definitely married an indoor girl."  Uh, yeah, that's me.  

The best thing about winter?  The Holidays, hands down.  With Halloween already behind us, we all know how quickly things fly from here on out.  I am already so far behind - I should have a nice big stash of Christmas presents hiding in the closet.  I did order one small gift online - a great deal my SIL BreAn tipped me off to, but by this time last year I was at least 50% done and was becoming good friends with the UPS guy.  

Like most of you, I am planning on toning it way down this year, so it's probably good that I'm not so far ahead that I forget what I've already purchased and think I need to get more.  I am stressed more about gifts for family than for the kids. I better get busy.  I am NOT the last minute shopper type when it comes to Christmas.  

I can't believe I'm already talking about Christmas.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow. I should really pick up a thing or two from you and start my Christmas shopping before December hits. I am the worst when it comes to that. You are smart to do it in advance because then you get to actually enjoy the holidays. Okay, I am going to think about Christmas gifts right now.

I hope you are feeling better these days! Sounds like you are getting back to normal life somewhat.

Trinity said...

I as well am a very early shopper. However I'm quite glad that I don't have a closet full already. I always think that if I start early I can be done but that's not the case. I just end up buying lots more. Waiting for me is a very good thing.

Jenny said...

Ahh I hate the cold! But love the holidays!

Hey I decided to go private. Email me your address so I can invite you to my blog. Thanks Jenn

ne14shopping@yahoo.com