We, as parents, had our first official science experiment this morning. J.R. helped build it, Daelan and I painted it and Daelan did the creative touches, like bloody dinosaurs eating each other. Using the now infamous Diet Coke and Mentos reaction, I think Daelan got exactly what he was hoping for. Here's a video of the volcanic eruption and a few pics. Kiel made his own Play Dough version of a volcano. To explain what everything is, he devised a key. What a smart little boy!
As far as science projects go, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The only difficulty I had was finding Mint Mentos. I guess they work better than the fruit kind. So, after two trips to the gas station and grocery store this morning, I found them. Yeah, I'm a procrastinator.


Kiel's Volcano:
1 comment:
That is seriously one awesome volcano
Post a Comment