Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Off my bum...


Today I made a great stride in my own pregnancy history.  I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes.  My doc gave me the OK to do aerobic exercise and prenatal yoga.  I was waiting to feel better, but I decided this morning that I feel awful no matter what I do...sick laying down, sick standing up, sick walking, sick shopping, so I might as well get some exercise.  My poor body is so weak from inactivity...it's time to rebuild it.  So I did it.  I spent 20 min on the treadmill with an incline and hand weights for a little over half the workout.  It felt so good.  Of course, now I feel overly nauseous, but I hope it will slowly benefit me to do a little exercise daily.  I know it will help later in the pregnancy. 

I remembered how much I love to exercise and how much I miss it.  Along with my Diet for Life, it has been the greatest healing factor for all my chronic pain, fatigue, post-partum depression, etc.  No medication or treatment has ever helped as much. I get to start all over again after the baby's born, but at least it's the last time. Maybe a little plastic surgery would take care of the leftovers!  :-) I wish.


3 comments:

BreAn said...

Good for you! We are praying for you...hopefully the exercise will help!

Trinity said...

I'm so happy you were able to make yourself exercise. That's really what it boils down to is making yourself do it. And it is so true it makes you feel so much better, both mentally and physically. I hope you can continue to do even just a little during the rest of your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

After reading about your "exercise disability" I realize that I sometimes forget how lucky I am to be able to exercise every day. Two miles a day with scriptures through headphones makes all the difference in the world. So now I wish the same for you (not the two miles, just the every day).

Love, DAD