
Jespen, our adorable 4 year old, is very picky about his pajamas. He MUST have the matching set of tops and bottoms. It's the only thing he's very particular about and I don't know where it comes from. I mean, I'm sitting here in pink velour pajama bottoms and a brown Shade t-shirt. Matching at bedtime is not a priority for me and as for the rest of my family, well, I would have to pay them to wear pajamas at all.
Anyway, last night Jespen was bound and determined to wear his Superman PJs, complete with Velcro cape. But he could not find the bottoms anywhere. He looked in all the usual places, and then in all the strange and unfamiliar places that I typically find neglected laundry. I, of course, was laying on the couch, barking out where to look next and completely unwilling to get up because I felt pretty nauseated. Finally, after a good 20-30 minutes of searching, he stomped into the living room and said, "I even prayed to Jesus and I still didn't find them!"
My nausea subsided as my heart was touched by his simple faith to say a prayer to find his pajama bottoms. This was clearly VERY important to him and not just some annoying obsession. I immediately reassured him that his prayer would be answered and knew that I was key in getting that prayer answered. I went into his room, looked in the bottom of his laundry basket, and low and behold...there they were! Even dirty pajama bottoms can be the answer to a child's prayer. He was absolutely thrilled and I reminded him that his prayer had been answered. I could tell from the look on his face that he felt so special and he gave credit where credit was due...to Jesus for answering his prayer.













1 comment:
This is SO cool! Gotta love the faith of a child.
Post a Comment