Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blog Buddy Memory Tag

This tag is all about your fellow blog buddies. Using your blog list, name three memories or good qualities about each of your friends listed.

Paige: 
1. We had a "Clueless" fund in college, where we basically went around the apartment complex begging for money and for some reason people gave it to us. One guy had an obvious crush on Paige and he gave her a huge jar of coins. We said we were going to buy the movie "Clueless", but I remember buying frozen yogurt at Maverik, amongst other things.
2. Paige broke her arm, quite badly, because I convinced her to call in sick to her brand new job and go snowboarding with me. I still feel guilt!
3. Her tough exterior doesn't fool me, she has a compassionate, tender soul and she is the cleanest person I've ever met.  Top secret: she sanitizes when she's angry! 

Christine:
1. Two words: Keller's Peak
2. Christine has a strong testimony and is funny and a lot of fun to hang out with. She can make friends with anyone,  is incredibly caring about her friends and is devoted to her family, immediate and extended. She was an amazing ballerina in our younger years (maybe she still is) and can drive the mountain roads blindfolded.
3. She has had a lot of physical challenges in her life, but she always keeps the faith and overcomes it all. BTW, she was at my baby shower!  When she was 1! It's the best baby shower she's ever been to.

Jenn:
1. She was one of, if not the cutest cheerleader I've ever seen.
2. She is one of, if not the cutest pregnant moms I've ever seen
3. Some memories are no longer appropriate to post! (-;

Ashton:
1. He was always my buddy when we were young.  One time he had this huge scab on his leg and all the girls (Erin and Kari) were scared to go around him, but I stuck around and played with him. I'm not scared of my cousin!
2. He was a fabulous musician in High School or Junior High, can't remember.  He wore this groovy uniform and I still have the picture to prove it, though I won't post it for safety reasons. (-:
3. This man is smart, and a successful businessman and married the perfect woman.

Kurt:
1. He was he oldest of my 3 younger brothers, and as we love to remind him, the most violent, disobedient and wild.  He seems to remember it differently, though.  Hey, I have a tiny scar to prove it.  Even though he probably has hundreds from my "girl" scratching defense. That sleeping bag was really important! I wanted it! I used to sit by him in the back of the "Kapsule" van and say "OW!" just so he would get yelled at, even though he didn't touch me. He was violent. I was evil. If it makes you feel better, I'm getting my payback!
2. His decision to serve a mission was perhaps the greatest in his life and led to the opportunity to marry his very own perfect woman! And it is the main example, along with my Dad and Kollin, that my boys have. When they talk about missions, they talk about Kurt, Kollin and Papa Kory.
3. This boy turned man just graduated and I was so proud, as if I had anything to do with it.  How many people graduate with a Bachelor's, Master's and Juris Doctorate all in one day?

Gerilyn: 
1. I think she had the coolest bedroom of anyone I knew growing up. It was HUGE and she had this big closet.  I was always jealous of her...clothes, bod, that sickeningly flat stomach that still amazes me, family, older sibs, etc...and sometimes she paid for it, unjustly, but who wasn't jealous of Gerilyn? She can drive the mountain roads blindfolded, too, but I wouldn't want to be in the car!  She's a Formula One race care driver if she's anywhere on North Bay.  And look out for the headlight trick at North Bay and Hwy 173. I lost part of my fingerprints from too tight a grip on the OS bar.
2. She has the biggest heart, she could NEVER offend anyone.  She is hesitant to talk too much about anyone else for fear she is gossiping and she could be friends with ANYONE if they would just quit being intimidated by her.  I don't know why she's so intimidating!  She's tiny!  Oh, what a scary girl! (-; Seriously, though, she was always friends with everyone, no matter who they were.  Everyone loves Gerilyn.  Except people who are frightened by tiny, beautiful, kind women.
3. She put up with me as a roommate for a few years, but thanks to her, I was able to tolerate living in Provo (barely) and ended up in Cedar, where I met my husband, have raised my family and I've been for the last 13 years!

Cameron:
1. I remember he set off bombs in some sort of levy or tunnel or something.  Shhh...
2. He was always the cute, blond, GQ type
3. His wedding was really cool...married in the temple and then a ceremony later where Makena walked down the aisle.  It was a great idea for a family of mixed faith!

Andrea:
1. I first met Andrea ages ago when she was dating Ashton before his mission, before she was baptized. I thought she was as beautiful then as I do now.
2. I knew they were going to have adorable kids, and I was right.  I'm so jealous of her creamy, dark skin
3. I feel a certain kinship with her since we have all boys...3 of them!  Aren't we brave?

Danen:
1. I still feel bad that I let a swear word slip out in his house, where I felt the Spirit.  I'm sorry!
2. Interesting conversation abounds when he's around.  Remember that restaurant conversation?  I feel entirely too comfortable with him! It's pretty funny when Britt smacks him and says, "Danen!" cause he obviously feel plenty comfy with me, too.
3.  The man rides his motorcycle, in the cold, to conserve gas.  Now that's devotion, considering he works at least 45 minutes away! He's completely devoted to his kids and wife and I admire him for it.

Kollin:
1. This black belt in Kenpo is the most devoted husband and father I've ever known.  He would do anything for his family and he does.  He and his wife have about the cutest relationship ever and sometimes get a little mushy in front of everyone, making us either smile or cringe! (-; I'm so glad he found BreAn so he could quit calling me for advice about how to find a wife. Though with all my experience finding a wife, I was the right person to ask, WHAT??? No, I didn't mind.  Just have to give him a hard time.
2. When he was little, he had a bushel of hair that grew worse than weeds.  Not sure what happened there!
3. Kollin is a talented guy, with serious drafting abilities, always creative and musical potential, though I don't think he works on it very often.  He can rap like no other.  "1, 2, 3, 4...I represent the West Side"

Ashley:
1. When I met her, I was dying for my brother to marry her.  I was afraid she wouldn't!  (-:  Not anything against Kurt, I just was afraid. 
2. We had an engagement party at our house for them and I began to discover how humble and shy she can be. She is admirably humble and simple, despite her stunning beauty and ever-so-perfect hair, not to mention her personality. She has amazing feet, too...ask Kiel.
3. I'm dying for her to get busy and get me another niece since she made such a cute one the first time.  She's an active mom who spends extra time educating and getting hands-on with her little girl. She has much more energy than me, and is up for anything. And she can work the city like no other, from what I hear.  Or maybe that's Makinlee. BTW, no one should be as talented as Ashley. She's good at everything.  It really makes the rest of us look bad.

BreAn:
1. BreAn is a simple, humble soul with great strength, tolerance and talent. She can handle a lot of life's challenges that most of us would crumple under
2. I'm pretty sure she loses weight when she's pregnant, which is just not right.  J/K. But she does look a little too perfect both pregnant and not! 
3. She's devoted to the health and development of her girls and would do anything required to stay home with them.  She realizes the incredible power and opportunity that staying home provides.  No one could have picked a better match for Kollin than BreAn.  She keeps him grounded, but at the same time gives him the deep affection and approval every man needs.

Brittany:
1. I saved Britt for last cause I have the most to say about her.  She is a super mom, the most unselfish person I know, and has gone through some unbearable difficulties in order to protect her children and family. She is my sister more than my cousin...we exchange recipes and whine to each other a bit.  Actually, I think I whine more. She is fun, funny and can get slap happy in the right circumstance. She wore an awesome uniform, too, for the drill team??? and I have the picture to prove that, too.
2. Britt and I used to visit each other once we could drive and hang out awkwardly with each other's friends.  I loved to visit her because she had a girl's and boy's bathroom right next to each other and she had the coolest house. I think there were pigs or something in the neighbor's backyard and the flies were unmatchable in Yucaipa. But her bed was one of those adjustable hospital beds and she let me sleep on it if we didn't sleep on the hide-a-bed with those fuzzy hotel blankets in the family room.  Her mom is super-mom, too, which is where she learned much of what she knows and practices. Her kids don't have adjustable hospital beds though, sheesh.  Her house is darling and you can completely feel the Spirit there. She is a model woman and I am grateful to have her in my life.
3. We both thought we were chubby in high school, though our friends must have just been tiny or something, cause we weren't! We did both have braces, which were cool then, but not so cool when you see pictures. We have always been about the same size...we even wore the same wedding dress.  I gotta box it so we have it for prosperity.  I have a feeling she'll end up with it since I don't think my boys will even want to see it! She is so cute with her husband, who I adore and think is PERFECT for her, and she has tons of patience, though I know she feels differently sometimes. She is a role model to me, and to her girls.  They are lucky as heck to have her. Even if they repeat a few adult phrases. (-; 

I don't know the other spouses well enough, personally, to have any memories, but YOU ROCK!

I tag everyone I just mentioned, and anyone who read it.


2 comments:

Gerilyn said...

Karynn, you made me cry! Thanks for making my day. I was in a little of a funk till I read this. You are so awesome! I have so many memories with you, I wouldn't know where to begin. You have been such a loyal friend throughout the years and no matter how long we go without talking, we always pick up where we left off. You are an amazing person, and I love ya!

Daisy Paige said...

I remember the Clueless fund! I especially remember all the treat runs to Maverick. And remember when you cut my hair and we walked around Stadium Way with me facing backward and you would ask people if they had seen me? That was hilarious.

PS - Who was my secret admirer that gave us the big jar of coins??