Woke up at 4 am - couldn't sleep
Tried my best to hurry through a very important photoshop project.
It ended up taking me until 11:30am
No lunch. No time!
Meeting at noon - late again.
Meeting rescheduled - quarter til one.
ring.
ring.
10 minute explanation on the other end. The word "yes" on my end as I stood in the kitchen wearing nothing but nature's coveralls - shower water running.
[Mental note - let it ring.]
Hung up (finally), stumbled back to the master bath to find baby Kierstyn, doing as mommy does and trying to help her mama out - she had just scrubbed the toilet, the walls, the closet, even my dirty clothes with the toilet scrubber.
Freshly dipped.
Made a personal record for fastest shower & shave and barely made it to the meeting - with the baby, as I neglected to get a sitter in my (daily) mad rush. Upon arrival, the sweet stench of a dirty bum drifted throughout my vehicle. Kierstyn has pooped. Again.
Quick change, then into the stroller she goes.
Short and sweet meeting - my favorite flavor. Successful, productive, quick.
Time for school!! ...trunk (unpacked by me, or any member of my family) full of treats for kiel's birthday celebration.
Hurry! Hurry! Car door swings open.
Whoooosh!
BAM!
The Windy City strikes again.
A mighty gust of wind and all the control I ever thought I had over a car door was taken, stolen and redirected into the gray Nissan on the driver's side.
Pound sign. Question mark. Star. Exclamation Point.
Went to the passenger side to grab paper to write a note - I've a responsibility to be a good citizen.
Whooooosh!
Gusty wind blows THAT car door open and
SLAM
into the red car on the passenger side.
Now I've got one yellow note on the car to the right of me and one yellow not on the car to the left of me, torn in half, hanging on between the windshield and the wiper for dear life.
OK, time to focus. Now what was I here for again?
Wait.
Wait.
Peek through the windows.
Wait.
Kiel's class is nowhere to be seen.
1:15 came and went.
1:22
I call the office thinking I may have the wrong place/time/the wrong SOMETHING!
Finally.
My favorite crystal blue eyes and that ridiculously good looking little face shows up in the door and I'm allowed out of the wind, into the classroom.
The teacher starts the celebration when, "attention students", followed by a very long message, booms over the intercom. Oh, good...perfect time to grab the sleeping baby out of the car. Oh no! I gotta hold the door and the sleeping baby like my life depends on iit - I will NOT hit two car doors twice!
Success. Not without a struggle, but success is mine.
Back to the classroom after nearly blowing away. Pass out the treats in the final 2 minutes of class. Oops! Did everyone get a drink, too? Aaahhh...pass those out, then it's a mad rush to get to the main entrance. Remember? I said "yes" earlier!
Summer movie passes for sale as Kierstyn wanders the hallways of the elementary and two big brothers get very sick of chasing and rounding up, very quickly.
2:15 rolls around and suddenly, 2:30 seems a million years away. I'm outta here!
Snack.
Diaper change.
Taxi kids to baseball games.
Freshen lip gloss.
WHAM!!
Baseball hit my car and I nearly launched myself through the roof out of sheer panic.
Check. check. nothing. no dents.
11:14 pm.
ring.
ring.
ring.
ring.
Unfamiliar number, no caller ID available. Hmmmmmmmmm....
I finally answer and the voice on the other line proudly states, "Hi, this is Howard Thorley..."
oops!
I make it known that I'm golden - good for my share of the damages.
5am
Kierstyn is awake. Mighty e.a.r.ly.!!
Vomit covered her body and her fever could be sensed from two feet away.
Oh, what a day. What. A. Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
Man, that was stressful just reading it! Hopefully those days are few and far between?! You are crazy busy. I don't know how you do it. Oh, and I'm not looking forward to Claire walking! She will be a TERROR!
Honestly, I think my blood pressure went up as I was reading. So sorry about...well, everything!
Love you honey, as tough as it is, these times, the crazy times of parenthood, will be the happiest of your life.
Promise.
Been There. Been There, well not the two cars at once thing.
These are the days we pat ourselves on the back and say man I am awesome. I ran the gauntlet and I am still alive.
Post a Comment