Monday, October 26, 2009

IMHO - Health care Reform

It IS confusing. The greed of the private sector AND the government with their ginormous egos and the fantasy version of the USA most of them live in (both parties) - IMO they both carry most of the responsibility for this crisis. The remainder lies with greedy, sue-happy folks. My doctor actually asked me this week not to sue HIM for a decision I made in his office. So so sad. And OF COURSE there are legitimate cases of gross negligence and malpractice, don't get me wrong. But even those can result in outrageous settlements that are necessary because the COST of the care they will need is SKY HIGH.

The biggest problem I have with gov. run health care is the cost (which will inevitably evolve if a public option is passed). 100% - yes, 100% of government money comes from private enterprise. Please read that again because I think people forget this. If we overtax private enterprise and make laws (which have been introduced and/or suggested in different forms) that force business owners to put even more money into things that DO NOT grow their business (deserved or not - earned or not) then we are disabling the very institution we are seeking health care from. Can you say vicious circle?

At this point, it doesn't really matter who did what to get us here - you could go back decades and find causes for the results we now see. What matters is that we find solutions for today and for our children's tomorrow. I'm no genius, no economist, no politician, no doctor, lawyer or CEO. I don't have all the solutions or all the answers, but I do believe reform is critical. How we gonna get there folks?

2 comments:

Team Millward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Millward said...

Ok, I was kinda embarrassed about my long comment so I deleted it. Anyway, I'll just make it short and simple...bigger government=bigger problems.