I haven't done this before, but I may as well start with my oldest. A Birthday tribute to Daelan:
Daelan was born with two specific talents, amongst others: rhythm and an arm. He is by far my favorite ball player to watch. He's an accurate pitcher and I love seeing him get stronger and faster each year, and he's an excellent first basemen.
He is also taking drum lessons and, although his drum set is in his room and quite loud, I never get sick of hearing him play. I find myself bobbing my head to his beat. He's really good - I hope he can put it to use with other band members.
Daelan is shy and standoffish at first, but when he warms up he's hilarious, a little too sarcastic for his own good, kind, thoughtful and tenderhearted. I'm sure he'll roll over and die when he reads this. He's always conscientious of others and he's friends with everyone. Of course, there's always an exception and that would be his brother Kiel. But that's for another post. This is a nice post.
Daelan is a great student - quiet until he gets comfortable and then a little too talkative, like his mother. I used to get in trouble every day for talking so much. He's particularly good at math and science in true boy style. He's organized and timely - the only one who's BOTH in this family. He's very responsible and has a great memory - a huge benefit to my shrinking brain.
The thing that touches me the most about Daelan is his deep love and care for Kierstyn. People always tell me that their girls are so motherly and helpful with their babies but I dare them to challenge the tenderness and caution Daelan uses with his sister. He won't let her cry for a second - running to her side at the first peep. He protects her from her less cautious brother, Jespen. He is incredibly helpful and understanding when I'm tired or need help. It is truly enlightening to watch him turn into the man he'll one day be. He is a great example of righteousness and is quick to correct me, J.R., or his friends if a naughty word slips out. (Oops! Sorry!) I look forward to seeing him receive the Priesthood and pass the Sacrament next year.
So, Daelan, Happy Birthday! You are my firstborn, my first son and my first love (besides Dad). You and I had the most time together when you were a baby and you brought out a side of me I didn't know I had. You impress me every day and I love watching you and seeing you progress in your personal, academic and spiritual pursuits. I am SO proud of you and I love you. Thanks for being you. You're perfect just the way you are. And I LOVE your hair!
Daelan's Birthday Party at the Pool
Kierstyn loves the water



He turned and coughed with his mouthful of cupcake right as I took the picture. LOL








I love the smiles on J.R.'s and Daelan's faces in this one. He's opening his new metal cleats from his Dad.














1 comment:
Ok I am not sure why I got teary eyed at your tribute to Daelin, except that I remember when he and Isaac were riding around stick horses. This year they have grown so tall and so big and I really do love watching Daelin grow up almost as much as I love watching Isaac. By the way, Isaac would love to be in a band. He talks about starting one all the time. He is getting so much better at the piano.
Post a Comment