Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I couldn't have done it without you...

Oh my gosh. I am so blessed. First, my mom begged and pleaded with me to let her come help, but I had lots of helpers so I told her to hang on a little - I'm sure I'll need her. Carolyn, J.R.'s mom watched the baby while I went to the ER on Mother's Day. She gave up her Mother's Day to be with the babe while we spent hours there, then had to transfer to St. George.

Then Kelly took over as Mother Jorgensen and cared for our sweet little 3 week old baby all day every day. She cooked and cleaned, too. Kalen came down and helped with the boys and cleaning. She gave Kierstyn a bath today and made sure she smelled as sweet as she looked. I don't know what I would have done if Kelly hadn't been around to be Kierstyn's mama for a few days. My sisters are better than yours! :-)

J.R. played Mr. Mom and between the newborn nights, getting kids off to school, the laundry, daily visits to me and still keeping up with baseball, he somehow not only survived, but thrived. He really pulled it off.

I am forever grateful to all the helping hands, as there were many. Thank you for taking care of my greatest treasures and investments while I was unable to. They are everything to me.

Now that I'm home I have many friends and sisters in the ward offering to help, for which I am extremely grateful. It truly is incredibly difficult and humbling to be on the receiving end of service. I am eager to finally be serving others as soon as possible.

I am especially thankful to the Lord, whose hand I have felt all along the way. He watched over and protected us all. He answered our prayers every step of the way.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

I saw you today walking into your house and I wanted to pull my car to screeching halt run over and give you a big hug. But I thought you might think I was a little crazy and I might knock you over which would definitely not be good. I really hope you get better soon.

Trinity said...

I had no idea it was so serious. I feel horrible. I'm glad you had such good helpers. I'm sure you were misserable without your kids and especially your baby. I hope you won't be taken away from her for even a second more, at least for the first year of her life.

Gerilyn said...

Oh my gosh, Karynn! I am so sorry you went through all of that! I'm so happy you had family around to help. You know if I lived there I would help you. I feel so bad!

The Brugger Bunch said...

I am so sorry for all of the struggles my friend! I am so grateful that you have so many who love you and are so willing to help out! It is truly a testament to who you are as a person. We sure love you and will keep you in our prayers! P.S. I LOVE seeing the pictures of your little lady, she really is so charming! Hang in there my friend!

The Avarells said...

First of all, congrats on the beautiful baby girl! Second, so sorry about your leg! As if recovering from giving birth wasn't enough! But, I'm glad you are on the mend and I must admit I got a little misty-eyed when I saw the picture of your "dream family"!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry!! I wish I could be there to bring you dinner!!! Poor thing!!!