Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dilation - Check. Effacement - Check. Contractions - Check.

I've been in Labor & Delivery all morning after my doctor's appointment. He checked me for the first time (36 week appt.) and I'm dilated to a "generous 4" and 50% effaced. I have contractions every 3-4 minutes, but they are not very painful. After a whole bunch of monitoring, especially because my BP was high and I have lots of swelling, they sent me home for a few hours and I go back at 4:00 to get checked again - gotta see if the contractions are making progress or not.

J.R. is in shock, as am I, considering I've never gone into labor without Potocin, but we are so excited! Of course, I could stay at a 4 for a while - who knows. I'm just excited to be progressing on my own. I will be full term on Saturday, so I have mixed feelings - I don't want her to come too early! But it is so exciting knowing she's so close!

I'm in trouble if she comes this week. Jespen's birthday is Sunday, his party is Saturday and his preschool party is Monday. Someone is going to have to take over for me! Not to mention the slew of soccer and baseball games/practices. AAAAAGH! At least our bags are packed.

I'm having a contraction as I type, so I have a feeling she may come sooner rather than later. We shall see!

For today I'm taking it easy. But come 37 weeks and full term status on Saturday, if she hasn't made her appearance, I will start walking and see if I can get things moving. Doc says I will likely have her by next week, but I'm not getting too anxious or excited. She may need to cook a little longer and it's her time and the Lord's time that matter! Even if I'd rather be ANYTHING but pregnant right now! It does make it a little easier to bear, knowing it is almost over, even if I get induced at 39 weeks. That's only 2.5 weeks away!

6 comments:

JeannieB said...

I am in LA thru Sat, at the airport now. Will call when I land. Love you! And with that schedule you'll have her SOON! I can come up anytime after Saturday....

Booma/Voina said...

Wow. That's so exciting, Karynn! Thanks for posting.

I love you dearly.

Danen & Brittany Johanson said...

HOW FUN!!!!! Too exciting!!! I can't wait to see her. I'll check back for more details! Love ya cute girl!

Trinity said...

I'm so excited for you. It's so exciting. Thanks for keeping all of us up to date.

The Brugger Bunch said...

SO EXCITING!!!!!! I am so excited for you my friend, I can't wait to meet your new little sweetie. We are thinking about you!

Rachelle said...

Congrats! and thanks for the text. I am so excited your baby girl is here