
A wave of gratitude just washed over me. Two BIG things. First, I subscribe to LDS Gems and received this today:
Lord Is Preparing People
Posted: 14 Jan 2009 01:00 AM CST
"I recently received a sweet letter from a school boy in Ghana in which he expressed his great pride in 'being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.' The fact that he has not yet been baptized did not deter him from considering himself a Latter-day Saint. However, he expressed to me his hope that soon he could become a true Latter-day Saint with baptism, confirmation, and at the appropriate time, the bestowal of the Aaronic Priesthood. He said his heart always thrilled when he sang hymns like 'Come, Come, Ye Saints,' 'Come, O Thou King of Kings,' and the other songs of Zion."What we are saying is that there seems to be a great movement afoot in many nations to prepare people for the further light and knowledge that only we can give them. The Lord by his Spirit is preparing people for the day when the gospel will be taught them in plainness. We must be ready."
Spencer W. Kimball, "The Uttermost Parts of the Earth," Ensign, July 1979, 6-7
Topics: Proclaim the Gospel
It is tragic to think that I take my membership in the Church for granted at such an extreme level. There are people who have accepted the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and are actually not allowed to be baptized, whether for family reasons, because they are subject to suppressive laws, etc. I am so deeply grateful at this moment in time to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and to have been one since the tender age of 8. I am surrounded by other faithful members, who bless my life daily. We are so blessed with the counsel of a living prophet - the Lord's mouthpiece!
Which brings me to my second wave of gratitude:
All my issues over the past weekend are due to hypothyroidism. Anything that isn't is just plain old pregnancy. I am so grateful for my health, and for the good women who have brought meals for my family over the past 3 days, following the counsel to serve. Also, for my incredible husband, without whom I would never make it another day, and my mother-in-law, who despite being more sick than me has done everything she can to help, short of killing herself! My family and J.R.'s have been so supportive and encouraging, concerned and loving. How blessed I am.













3 comments:
I am glad you and the baby are OK. Nothing is scarier when things don't go smoothly during pregnancy. Enjoy the help you are getting! What sweet women. Take care:)
What a lovely, uplifting message, Karynn. You are so right, it is all too often that we become complacent and take our blessings for granted.
Have you watched Oprah lately? She kept talking about not feeling well and having all kinds of symptoms last year and that people kept writing her to say, "Have your thyroid checked!" and "Have you had your thyroid checked?" Her doctors initially said it was fine, but after going through a bazillion tests, she had them look again and she had the same diagnosis you have. She said it's fine now, with proper treatment, but it was creating all kinds of havoc in her life before that. SO... I'm really glad you got a clear diagnosis and can now manage properly.
With love,
V.
Oh, sweet Karynn and sweet baby girl. Prayers for you both, and thanks bunches for reminding me that I'm also blessed beyond words!
Post a Comment