So I tried to find a Halloween event of some sort online in the Mesquite newpapers, but without much luck. I did finally find one Trunk-Or-Treat put on by the Mesquite Police. Thank goodness! So we hit the Trunk-Or-Treat and then ventured out, trying to find a nice neighborhood to exploit. We drove around for a while and were stunned by the emptiness of the streets in this quiet retirement community! Where are all the kids? They DO have kids in Mesquite, right?! It was so strange. Finally, in a misguided attempt to find this crazy decorated house that was featured in the newpaper (think Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation), we hit the jackpot. THANK YOU UPPER MIDDLE CLASS NEIGHBORHOOD BY THE BALL PARK! There were tons of kids and lots of baseball players in this one small neighborhood. Those poor people...I hope they get extra blessings for giving so many out-of-town kids a safe place to trick-or-treat! I wish I could personally thank them and let them know that they really did make Halloween for my kids this year.
The only thing I missed out on was not being home to pass out the treats. It is absolutely my favorite thing to do. I love to see all the creative homemade costumes, the cookie cutter costumes, the scaries, the babies, the funnies, the one-of a kinds. It is the highlight of my Halloween. And usually a nice break from the kids since J.R. usually takes them out. Of course, we all know I've had enough breaks to last a lifetime lately, so I might have been lonely anyway.
Here are some pics from our baseball/Halloween weekend:



















3 comments:
So that's where you were. I brought the girls by becuase I thought you would get a kick out of their costumes. Isaac was out running in the night somewhere. I can't believe they had a game Halloween night.
Hey that is my mother in laws house in that picture. I was there when all your baseball boys came. How crazy. One of my friends was on your blog and recongnized the house and told me to look at your blog.
I know pretty much all the people in that neighborhood, I'll let them know how thankful you are.
Post a Comment