100 things about me
1. I hated my name when I was little so all through 5th grade I would write KaryAnn on all my papers and pictures. Mrs. Heller put up with it...what a great teacher!
2. When I was 5, my hair was almost to my bum, but my bangs started at the back of my head. Basically the worst form of female SFLB possible.
3. I am a good secret keeper, as long as they're not my own secrets. I can't keep my own secret to save my life.
4. I require a lot of personal space. I can't stand when someone nudges against me in a line or leaves no room for me to stand behind my cart in the grocery store line. Back up already!
5. I love living in Cedar City. I've never lived in a big city, unless you count 1 year in Las Vegas, and I like it that way. I am a small town girl.
6. My favorite soda is Vanilla Dr. Pepper but I stopped drinking caffeine a few years ago so I settle for Cherry Fresh Limes with extra cherry.
7. My first concert was Madonna's Who's That Girl tour. I thought it was so cool, but quite evil.
8. I never could make it across the monkey bars or do flips on those other bars. I was SO jealous of those who could.
9. I started singing when I was really little...if I could have any career, it would be a recording artist, but I would NEVER want to go on tour or be famous or anything.
10. I hated high school when I was in it, but love it now that I'm looking back.
11. I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers
12. I had the baddest poster of Michael Jackson in a yellow vest on my wall.
13. My favorite scary movie when I was little was Watcher in the Woods ---- NAREK!
14. I love the Crestline neighborhood I grew up in! It was full of kids and we played every day. My aunt and uncle still live in the house I grew up in, which was my grandparents first, and my other aunt and uncle live next door. My grandparents still live in the house they built when I was like 5. I want to do the same thing....stay in one house until I die. Probably not this one, though.
15. I thought I was going to marry about 14 different people...FOR SURE.
16. One of the people I thought I was going to marry FOR SURE turned out to be a molester and abuser. Thank goodness the Lord has better plans for us!
17. I am a wannabe artist. I love to paint, draw, etc. but I suck at it. I need lessons.
18. I am a certified Interior Decorator. I like Interior Decorating, but not Interior Designing. If I went back to school, I would want to be an architect.
19. I am an INSIDE person. I hate bugs and webs and pollen and dirt. It started when I was a baby. But, I love the beach and I love to sit on concrete in a pool chair or in a pool. I like to look at nature, but not experience it. Sad, huh?
20. I was a ham when I was little. I had to be in the limelight. Thankfully I've grown up a little. (I hope!)
21. My favorite hobby is drawing house plans on the computer. I have a 3D program and it is so fun to see the finished product!
22. I wanted 8 kids when I got married. The day after I had Daelan I decided one was plenty.
23. I guess this goes along with my anti-nature thing, but I only think animals are cute from a distance. It grosses me out if they touch me. A few very clean, very small dogs are the only exception.
24. I would rather have fresh fruit and whipped cream than chocolate, but not for the first 29 years of my life - I was the opposite.
25. Peaches are my favorite fruit. I wish I lived closer to fresh fruit availability. By the time I get it, it's all waxed up but flavored out.
26. I am a beauty school drop out!
27. I am also a college drop out. I'm not proud of either, but I like my alternative life better!
28. I have two redhead children! And my brunette has light blue eyes. None of them look very much alike, but I PROMISE they're all from me and J.R.!
29. My favorite time of the year is Halloween to New Years. Then I go into a brief depression. :-)
30. I grew up in the same neighborhood as Patrick Swayze, Pam Dawber and Mark Harmon, but I never saw Patrick Swayze or Mark Harmon once. I did see Pam Dawber pushing a stroller down my street.
31. In an attempt to meet Patrick Swayze, my friends and I drove my mom's car (before we were legal) and stopped in the middle of the street right in front of his house. We pretended we were broken down and knocked on the door to see if he would help us. He didn't even answer.
32. I still call people and things retarded even though I HATE that word. Now my kids say it.
33. I used to swear. A lot. Now it's very rare, but still offensive.
34. When my kids head off to school, I say BE SAFE! I never thought to tell them to be nice! That would be equally as important!
35. If I mess up, I'm the first to admit it. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.
36. I can be a real brat. I was pretty spoiled when I was little.
37. I love fashion. If I did live somewhere that had good shopping, I would be in trouble. But I live in Cedar, so I'm very safe. And unfashionable.
38. Someday I want to go to culinary school. I love cooking, but want the perfect kitchen to do it in. One more house to build!
39. Nothing makes me happier than when I see my kids playing with smiles on their faces. It fills my whole body with joy.
40. I am so bad at doing the laundry that my husband completely took it over. He does a load every morning and folds it and everything. It's better than picking your outfit from a mountainous pile of clean clothes, I guess!
41. Everything in my house is very organized except for my closet. I cannot figure it out.
42. I am the only person in the whole house who really knows how to clean. They all think they clean up, but it is just not up to par.
43. My favorite cleaning trick is using Orange Glo (for dusting) on all our stainless steel. It repels fingerprints and looks brand new. And smells good! The Pledge orange oil doesn't work as well, though.
44. I am an exploder. I let things fester for years until one day I explode out of nowhere. Not good for relationships, but it feels good for a minute!
45. I would rather have ice water than any other beverage in the world. Next is horchata. Mmmm..
46. For the first 7 years of my marriage, we had two crappy TVs...one that I got for my 8th grade graduation present and a used one that my dad & Verna gave us when we got married. When we moved to this house, J.R.'s company started selling TVs and home theaters. Now we have 3 plasmas, one rear-projection, and 3 regular TVs, one of which is the one my Dad & Verna gave us! Sheesh! A little excessive? And he wants to put two more in...one home theater screen and one in the exercise room.
47. I am an insomniac and have been since I was 15. I refuse to take medication for it, though.
48. We have rental properties and I absolutely HATE it.
49. I think the perfect vacation location is St. George UT
50. I will never understand the male fascination with their own parts. Gross.
51. I can remember phone numbers from when I was 7, but not a conversation I had last week. I have the memory of a 95 year old woman.
53. I love Apple. I am a Mac fan.
54. I am the oldest grandchild on both sides, so I have no older cousins or siblings.
55. I'm a big believer in NOT taking on more than you can handle. If I have to back out of something or say no, I have no problem doing it. I know my limits.
56. My kids have professional closet systems installed in their new rooms. I am SO jealous!
57. My boys fight like dogs 50% of the day, but the other 50% they are angels. It's confusing.
58. Kiel has my explosive temper, which is good for me because I can see what an idiot I look like.
59. I have an extremely dry and offensive sense of humor so I mostly keep it to myself.
60. I don't have a dream car. I think all cars are the same...expensive, hard to keep clean and unreliable. Gotta love ONStar, though.
61. It was cool to have a piece of crap car in high school. Until I moved to Provo.
62. I went on one blind date. My mom set me up. It was the biggest joke! He was as Zoobie as they come and I was...weird.
63. I dressed in every style imaginable except a normal one until I was married. Hippy, Gothic, skater girl, DeadHead, punk, Punky Brewster, etc.
64. I think everyone has something amazing about them...I always see the good in people. I think every Child of God on this earth has something phenomenal to offer.
65. I have no desire to travel the world. I am such a homebody.
66. I wish it was a little more green here, but that would mean more bugs, so never mind.
67. My wedding was my dream wedding. It could not have been more perfect.
68. I am a conservative, aka ConservaDiva
69. It takes A LOT for me to take medicine for anything. I pretty much have to be dysfunctional.
70. I am so picky about spelling. I can't stand misspelled words. Especially in a professional setting. It completely discredits a company.
71. I cannot get a tan for the life of me. Not even the spray tans make me look tan.
72. I can't stand for any room in my house to be "undecorated" It's rough on the budget!
73. It is SO important for me to enjoy my kids NOW. Soon enough, they won't want anything to do with me.
72. I think I have attachment/trust issues that run very deep. I am the most open person in the world, but I don't let myself get close to people.
73. I think if you look a certain way, you probably act a certain way. Looks tell us more than we give them credit for. If you take care of yourself, you are more likely to take care of your house. If you look like a slob, you probably live like a slob. (My landlord observations) If you want a good job, shave your goatee and cut your hair. Maybe wash it, too. (My employer observations)
74. My bad habit is pulling my eyelashes out. I am getting better at it, though.
75. I did hair and nails from my apartment for income in college. I never did have my license, though.
76. I'm a Twilighter. With no shame.
77. My kids make better choices than I expect them to because they make better choices than I did. I think I grew up in a twisted town! I can't believe all that I was exposed to in those 15 years!
78. My favorite lunch lately is pork tacos at Costa Vida. You must try them.
79. This is the longest tag I think I've ever done.
80. I can't believe it's not over yet!
81. I think medical massage is underrated and needs to be covered by insurances. It's the only therapy that really made a difference when I was hit by a drunk driver and hurt my neck and back. I don't continue it because my insurance won't cover it, but I know it would help tremendously. More than physical therapy and chiropractic combined.
82. I LOVE to decorate Christmas trees. I have much to learn, but it is the greatest fun!
83. I think I live in the greatest ward ever. There are people from all walks of life, in all financial situations, and there is no competition. Everyone is so genuine and loving.
84. I love house plants. I have had two of my plants for 11 years. Another one was my Grandpa's. I inherited it when he died and I've kept it alive, though I don't know how it made the transition from his ocean view balcony in San Diego to this moisture forsaken town!
85. If I tell my husband I don't want him to get me a present, I'm lying!
86. My grandpa sends me 20 e-mails a day, mostly forwards. I read every one. I love them! I don't forward, though. It's a personal policy with few exceptions.
87. I lost 35 pounds in 6 months last year. Now I'm pregnant and will surely put it all back on and more. :-( I'll give it my all not to, though. My habits are definitely changed for the good.
88. I LOVE to walk. I love exercise. After I'm done.
89. I have strong opinions, but I hate arguing so I keep them to myself. Until I explode, of course.
90. I used to trust people before I became a landlord. I've been burned time and time again, though, so now I trust NO ONE!
91. I hate the transition from hot to cold, but I love it once it's cold. I love snow and cozy blankets.
92. Up until last fall, I always thought I would adopt a little black girl. I finally gave up on that dream.
93. I only wanted black baby dolls when I was little. And black Barbies. My great-grandma gave me a black baby doll for Christmas one year and you know what they say...once you go black...!
94. I was the biggest flirt all my life. Most of my best friends were boys. Maybe there was a correlation?
95. Once, I listened to a nurse who told me how to care for a huge cut on Kiel's head. I felt like I should take him to get stitches, but I talked myself into following her directions. He has a HUGE scar now.
96. My first baby was delivered in 45 minutes from first contraction to delivery!
97. I thought I was done having kids so I gave away almost everything.
98. I have a blast with my kids...by themselves.
99. I will feel so lucky to have four kids. What a blessing!
100. I am finding something PERMANENT after this pregnancy. NO MORE pregnancies!
I tag Brittany, Misty, April, Christine, BreAn, Ashley, and anyone
else who wants to try this!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment